- The CRC is a mandatory scheme aimed at improving energy efficiency and cutting emissions in large public and private sector organisations.
- These organisations are responsible for around 10% of the UK’s emissions.
- The scheme features a range of reputational, behavioural and financial drivers, which aim to encourage organisations to develop energy management strategies that promote a better understanding of energy usage.
The CRC Energy Efficiency legislation applies to all companies with at least one electricity meter settled on the half-hourly market. Organisations who consumed more than 6,000 megawatt-hours of half hourly metered electricity in 2008 will be required to participate fully in the scheme.
As a result of the Comprehensive Spending Review and 2011 Budget, participants must purchase allowances for each tonne of carbon emissions generated through energy use. The initial cost of CRC allowances will be set at £12/tonne.
Ecoteric will help you to develop a cost-effective approach to CRC compliance by:
- Developing a data collection strategy and an energy reduction plan
- Compiling a CRC Evidence for ongoing CRC compliance
By developing an effective CRC strategy, your organistaion will benefit financially and benefit the environement by reducing emissions