Generating and using renewable energy can help you to reduce your organisations’ contribution to climate change and avoid using carbon intensive resources such as fossil fuels.
We undertake feasibility studies to find out which renewable source would be best for the site, look at the financial case and practical implications. For new buildings, the studies can be based on our energy model to ensure accuracy.
We undertake studies ranging from individual buildings through to whole site energy strategies and can work with trusted partners on the design and implementation of the recommended solutions.
Renewable energy also offers a wide range of other benefits including:
- Improving your environmental credentials – customers, investors and other stakeholders increasingly want to deal with businesses which show that they are environmentally responsible.
- A more secure energy supply – fossil fuels won’t last forever and supply is increasingly dependent on imports from overseas.
- Exemption from paying duty under the climate change levy
- A reduction in allowances required under the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
- Building relationships with businesses that have similar values – for example, you may be able to work with other local organisations on a renewable energy project.
- Stable energy costs – gas and oil price rises are reflected in customers’ energy bills. Renewable energy sources are not subject to the same price rises as fossil fuels.
- Government Incentives such as Feed in Tariffs and Renewable Heat Initiative.
- Future proofing – renewable energy use will become more widespread, with legislation already placing targets for its use in certain new developments